Sunday, May 18, 2008

Casualty of War

RIP this dialogue from the play:

* * *

ABE
There’s a Latino airport groundskeeper, Guillermo.

GUILLERMO
I took this job as a front, to sell drugs for my gang!

ABE
No he was the other kind.

GUILLERMO
I send every penny to my starving family in an impoverished Latin American country, while I live in cramped tidy squalor, carving small native crafts and teaching myself English from poetry.

SIGHING LADY GUARD
Guillermo.

GUILLERMO
An American woman. They are all erotic goddesses waiting to be released from the prison of their insufficient bourgeois husbands.

SIGHING LADY GUARD
Do you want this body?

GUILLERMO
I was struck by the lightning of love. If only our racist society would let us show it in the open.

SIGHING LADY GUARD
Have sex with me on top of this 747.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Waaaaah!

Wait, is that not helpful dramaturgy?